Sunday, March 21, 2010

Perfect day for vampires

It's another beautiful overcast day in Forks, Wa, my favorite type of weather. I don't claim to be any kind of vampire, but growing up in Forks I definitely share some traits. Overcast is my favorite weather, I don't like the sun it burns my eyes, and I prefer to be more active at night than the day, and I'm a bit of a loner. I'm still amazed at the spotlight Twilight has cast on Forks, I remember when growing up getting excited if they mentioned Forks on the KOMO news weather forecast. I feel very fortunate to have been raised in Forks, it's a very safe, sheltered, tight knit community where everybody knows everybody. That also made some things harder, when someone lost their life it really hit the whole community. I'm really excited to go back though, back to a slower pace of life, where people work for what they have and don't think they are owed everything or that they are better than everyone else. I won't miss the attitudes of the people in the city, the traffic or the commute. Well back to packing for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment